Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy, Happy!

Well, happy little me! I have 3 updates to note today.

First of all...due to a bad headache, I took a break from stitching
for a few days. As anyone very well acquainted with me knows,
I'm a rather restless person who can't sit still without something
to keep my hands busy. My solution? I pulled out an old Crochet
project that had been put away since last Summer. I finished it
after just a couple hours, and I am very pleased with it.

First, the pattern:
Infant Cape pattern

And now, the finished project!
Infant Cape

Well... actually... it's not QUITE finished. I didn't put in the draw-
string or make the pompons yet... but that can wait until later. I
am still very pleased! The color is pretty... a very 'uni' shade, and
the feel is nice and soft. :) I love the look of a cape on a baby.. and
this will be put back for either my little one someday... or maybe
a gift. Not sure yet.
--------

My 2nd update is actually the most exciting of the three...because
I just received a wonderful prize in the mail!!! In the course of the
last year, I have spent many of my spare hours racking up points
online in order to redeem a prize. It was grueling, and it was alot
of hours taken from stitching, but it was very worth it!! I'm very
happy!! My prize is:


Drum roll please!


A KitchenAid Mixer!!!!
Kitchenaid

Call me excited! :D It is a great, useful tool for my future home.
I'm sure it will come in handy with my current food restrictions.
I doesn't hurt that it cost me all of nothing, either. ;) hehe!

Okay.. moving on!

--------

My 3rd update is the least 'monumental', but it still excites me.
I tried a new recipe for dinner. I was a little apprehensive while
making it, because it didn't seem like it would work... but it was
actually really Good!! :) It is gluten free, & has a little of cheese,
but the cheese could be easily ommited for someone sensitive to
dairy.

Here is the recipe:

"CHEESY BEEFY RICE BAKE"

1/1/2 lbs ground meat
1 clove garlic
1 cup long grain rice
2 Tbls butter or margarine
3 cups water
1 cup shredded carrot
2 tsp instant beef bouillon granules
1 tsp parsley flakes ( fresh if you can)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup shredded cheese
12 inch skillet
2 quart casserole dish

Heat oven to 375 degrees - Brown meat and garlic till brown.
Drain, and set meat aside. In same pan cook uncooked rice in
margarine or butter till golden brown, Careful not to burn rice.
Stir in water, carrot, bullion granules, parsley, salt, and basil.
Bring to a boil - Reduce heat - Cover and simmer for 5 min.
Water should be absorbed from mixture - Stir in meat mixture

Put everything into 2 quart Casserole dish - Cover and bake for
45 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking. After 45 minutes
is up, take off lid. Sprinkle cheese on top - Bake uncovered for
5 minutes

Serve and enjoy

No comments: