Sunday, April 11, 2010

The beginning begins....

Let me start by saying that I am new to the blogging world.
I'm not sure how to manage this site, or how to keep people
interesting in visiting... but I will try my best. :)

I thought I would christen the day with an updated picture
of a Cross Stitch project I have been working on for a few
years now. Also known as a UFO (unfinished object).

"Lady Of Shalott" - by Teresa Wentzler

LadyOfShallot 4-10-10

I started it in either 2001 or 2002, and have been working
off and on ever since. Even to this day I am intimidated
by Teresa Wentzler patterns, so I must have been a fearless
little wipper-snapper. *laughs*
As anyone familiar with TW designs knows, they're crammed
full of half stitches, quarter stitches, and blended threads.
Sometimes I don't think I will ever get done stitching the
boarder...it is so detailed and time-consuming! My goal is
to finish it by the years end.

Come back to find out if I meet my goal. ;)


--------------

Tonight I decided to make pizza for dinner. I tried one
of my Gluten-Free Pizza Crust recipes which I have tried
before and liked. This time, however, I learned a lesson.
I had run out of Potato Starch, so substituted with corn
starch. Typically, not a bad idea. In fact, it's commonly
suggested online. This time though, it was not a winner.
Maybe it's just the kind of food I was trying to make??
I figure it was either the corn starch, or my yeast, that
did not gel right. The crust turned out mushy... did not
rise... and didn't solidify much. :( A big disappointment.
I want a pizza that I can grab a hold of... not have to
use a plate and fork to eat. The only redeeming value
of the pizza were the toppings. *sigh*

I just ordered a new cookbook, but haven't received it
yet. I hope it will have a good pizza crust, because
that is one meal that I cannot live without. I'm also
looking for a yummy, CHEWY Chocolate Chip or Peanut
Butter Cookie. I've only found crumbly ones so far.

Does anyone have a great recipe for:
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies


??

Please share!
I'm desperate! lol

No comments: