Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's time...

It's time for another update... as utterly exciting as that may
be.  :p  I have been a little under the weather this week, so I
have spent my days stitching and watching some tv.   Mainly
Netflix, but I've also been sure to not miss a new episode of
Psych, Downton Abbey or Sherlock.   I feel spoiled at the
moment with so many new shows to watch every week, but
pretty soon the seasons will either be over or on a break, &
then I'll feel slightly lost again.   *lol*

Which brings up this point......



And that sums up my feelings about DW.  Along with -->
I don't know anything about this new guy, so I'm wary of his
abilities...but we shall see.  I had a hard time when Tennant left,
but grew to really like Smith in the role of 11....or is it 12?....
or 13?  Oi....it's all so muddled!

So, I started Mirabilia 'Red' a few weeks ago, and while she's not
coming along as quickly as I had planned, she is coming along
nicely.  As some of you may recall, I recently had a bit of a melt-
down regarding this pattern on a gorgeous piece of fabric that
just did not sit well with me.  This fabric isn't quite as spectacular
as the first piece, but it just 'fits', and I am very happy with it.


 

In my spare time the other day I whipped up a batch of Gluten
Free Blueberry Muffins with streusel topping.  Perhaps it's not the
most fantastic looking picture, but it still makes my mouth water.
I want to tackle a Banana Nut Muffin Recipe next...I've got a
banana bunch on the counter that are past their prime.


My last headline, and then I promise to let you go....

I was finally able to purchase a piece of fabric I had been eyeing
for quite a while.  I happened to have a gift card to use, so I am
considering this my stitching splurge for the month.  After the gc
discount, it only cost about $5.... so I was thrilled!  In fact, I
already have plans for it.....
(Picture this Plus "Tempest" in Belfast.)









No comments: